44.1/16 bit to 32 bit/ 384KHz native formats
- Rated top choice from The Absolute Sound for items under $1000 MSRP. Highest quality stereo analog audio up to 384kHz/32bit available on your PC, Mac, Linux computer, iPad or Android tablet.
- .2Vrms line output level, 112dB S/N. THD < .004
- Powers stereo line out and high or medium impedance headphones
- Very low jitter oscillators, asynchronous 2.0 Audio Class USB.
- Also drives most medium- or high-impedance headphones.
- Highest value-for-money.
Compact size (2x1.4x8.8cm) with hi-end performance HiFace DAC has been conceived to make hi-end equipment performance at hand to budget-conscious audiophiles, without any compromise. One hiFace DAC and a laptop, Mac Mini or even an iPad make for a hi-end music file source at the cost of a middle range digital interconnect.
The HiFace DAC includes all necessary features to be the perfect DAC for all kind of hi-fi systems: asynchronous data transfer mode on USB 2.0, compliancy to USB 2.0 Audio Class (no drivers needed for MacOS, IOS, Linux and Android), very low phase noise oscillators and last-generation conversion IC capable of 384kHz and 23 bits.
Windows users will enjoy it in Direct Sound, Kernel Streaming, WASAPI and ASIO (depending on the OS version), while Mac users will be able to take advantage from Integer mode and Direct mode.
While the hiFace USB DAC output is purposely designed to give its best with amplifiers and preamplifier line level inputs, its .2Vrms line output, as mentioned above, may also be used to drive medium or high-impedance headphones: try it with iPhone's in-ear headphones.